Home > ecoPartner Program
- Venture Center's Program for Eco-system Partners -
Launched: 8th May 2017
- The ecoPartner program is an effort of Venture Center to engage with service providers and eco-system partners who contribute to enriching the innovation ecosystem around Venture Center (in NCL Innovation Park) by offering appropriate and cost effective services of interest to scientific startups and technology provider organizations.
- The program allows Venture Center to provide hot desking services (and occasionally other services)to eligible eco-system partners and thereby allow unprecedented access to Venture Center's network of innovators, entrepreneurs and start-ups.
Nature of services eligible under this program
- Intellectual property related services
- Technology marketing and transfer services
- Legal services with a focus on agreements for collaborations and contracts
- Company law and related compliance
- Finance and accounts. Financial management
- Part-time CXOs
- Design services
- Investment funds
- Entrepreneur networks
- Market research and planning
- Other services of use and interest to start-ups and technology development organizations
Eligibility and criteria for selection/ extension
- Applicants should offer services of special interest to scientific startups.
- Applicants are expected to have a track record of working with scientific start-ups (Note: Scientific startups are new ventures often characterized by the presence of knowledge intensity or IP richness, founders who are knowledge workers and novel ideas with an element of technology risk.)
- Applicants with a past history of formal association with Venture Center, its incubatees (present or past) or institutions in the NCL Campus (NCL, IISER, URDIP) especially in technology/innovation/ entrepreneurship support roles shall be given preference. Reference letters are highly recommended.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a past history of association with Venture Center via its events, workshops, training programs, mentoring sessions etc.
- Applicants who offer specially tailored services and/or preferential terms to Venture Center incubatees shall be given preference.
Terms and policies
- Selected applicants shall receive services on the same terms as other incubatees and as per standard terms announced via the Venture Center website.
- The total space allocated to eco-system partners shall not exceed 10% of the total lab and office space available at Venture Center at any time.
- Services shall be made available for terms of 1 year at a time. Decisions on extensions shall be made based on contributions (during the past year) of the eco-system partner towards enriching the innovation ecosystem in the NCL Innovation Park (NIP). Various activities of the eco-system partner that contributed to enriching the eco-system shall be given points and a benchmark point shall be set for partners to qualify for extension.
- Venture Center reserves the right to select resident eco-system providers so as to plan a balanced and diverse eco-system, avoid/minimize overlap in service offerings and maximize the benefits from the space allocated to the eco-system partner.
- Please note that ecoPartner program members will not be eligible for service tax exemption that science based startups at Venture Center (a DST-NSTEDB approved incubator) are normally eligible for.
- The Venture Center's management reserves the right to refuse any applicants without ascribing any reason for the same.
Points system for contribution to the innovation eco-system at NCL Innovation Park
- Various activities of the eco-system partner that contributed to enriching the eco-system shall be given points as follows:
- Venture Center shall provide its services on the assumption that the project team will raise funding (ex: grant funding) so as to also accommodate Venture Center's listed costs in offering those services.
- Awareness and information talks delivered at NIP: 5 points per talk
- Events organized at NIP: 10 points per event
- Sponsorship provided for events/projects etc in NCL campus (and institutions with it): 15 points per project
- Services provided: 10 points per job/assignment undertaken with Venture Center, its incubatees (present or past) or institutions in the NCL Campus (NCL, IISER, URDIP)
- Mentoring sessions attended: 5 points per session
- The minimum cumulative points (benchmark) for qualifying for extensions shall be 30 points per year.
- A larger the cumulative score will be assumed to indicative a deeper engagement with the innovation ecosystem in NIP and shall be viewed favourably.
- Please fill up the application form of the concerned service that is sought.
- Attach a sheet describing " Proposed service offerings for scientific start-ups and entrepreneurs, along with indicative pricing and special discounts, if any"
- Attach Reference Letters from members of the innovation eco-system at NIP.
- Attach a short note on history of association of your company with Venture Center, its incubatees (present or past) or institutions in the NCL Campus (NCL, IISER, URDIP).
- Submit your application to the contact person given below.
- The Venture Center team will get back to you to indicate next steps.
Special category: ecoPartner++ Program
- As of 1 May 2017, Venture Center has announced a new category under the ecoPartner program called ecoPartner++.
- Eligibility: Professional services entities who will be eligible for this program should have:
- Partnered with Venture Center over a significant time period, and/or
- Generously assisted Venture Center by offering their time, expertise and resources for mentoring sessions or strategic advise
- Entity can be located outside of Venture Center premises
- Eligible entities shall be permitted to use the Board Room free of cost
for up to 36 hours per year for internal meetings of the entity only
(Note: Not for meetings with/for clients). All other terms will apply as
per the term sheet at
- Eligible entities shall be permitted to use the Board Room, Conference
Room, Training Room, E-ClassRoom and Lecture Theatre at
concessional terms applicable to resident incubatees.
- The Venture Center's management reserves the right to refuse any applicants
without ascribing any reason for the same.
100, NCL Innovation Park
Dr Homi Bhabha (Pashan) Road
Pune - 411008
Phone: +91-20-2586-5877/ +91-20-6401-1026
- CSIR-Tech Pvt. Ltd. (Technology marketing, licensing and venture financing)
- StartEZ (Part time CXO and business planning services)
(23 Feb 2019) Tinkering in a Day! Core Instrument Training Program New
(22 Feb 2019) R Clinic at PSG-STEP, Coimbatore New
(21 - 23 Feb 2019) 3 Days Hands on Workshop on Flow Cytometry: Basics, Multicolor Flow Cytometry, Data Analysis and Presentation New
(16 Feb 2019) 18th Social Innovation Lecture Series on Vision and Strategic Initiatives: Designing a Roadmap for Social Enterprises by Mr. Gurumukh Das Maheshwari (Consultant, Organizational Development)
Archives Events Dashboard
(18 Apr 2018, ToI) Regional bioinnovation centre set up at Venture Center New
(17 Apr 2018, ToI) Bioinnovation centre in Pune for biotech, medtech New
(20 Mar 2018, ToI) An idea is all it takes for change
(20 Mar 2018, ToI) 2 city-based startups among 'ET power of Ideas' winners
Archives Incubatee News
(1 Feb 2019) Calls open for NIDHI-EIR and NIDHI PRAYAS at Venture Center, Pune New
(10 Jan 2019) BIRAC SEED Fund at Venture Center, Pune - Round 5 New
(1 Oct 2018) Venture Center announces VC Analytix (Analytical Services) New
(10 Sep 2018) BIRAC SEED Fund at Venture Center, Pune - Round 4
(1 Jul 2018) 1Crowd and BIRAC invest in healthcare startup SynThera Biomedical