Home > About us
MISSION AND VISION
Core Purpose: To nucleate and nurture technology and
knowledge-based enterprises for India by leveraging the scientific and engineering competencies of the
institutions in the region.
Envisioned Future: To be the organisation that will be credited with creating, shaping and sustaining a "Pune
cluster" of innovative technology businesses with a significant economic impact regionally, nationally and
globally within the next 20 years.
Focus areas by know-how:
- Material science
- Chemical synthesis
- Biomedical sciences and technology
- Chemical & process engineering
- Research, technology & knowledge management
Focus areas by markets/ sectors served:
- Health care
- Specialty chemicals & nano-materials
- Energy & environment
- Specialty packaging
- Process design & simulation
Potential products & services of resident companies:
- Biomedical products and devices
- Niche chemicals and nano-materials
- Specialty materials science products for various sectors such as packaging, infrastructure,
automotives, lifestyle products.
- Select biotech products
- Niche scientific instruments and tools
- Software and Services
- Process design and simulation
- Research and technology management consulting
- IP management services
- Information research/ resources and scientific intelligence services
- Drug discovery services
The core activities of the Venture Center are:
- Nucleation of new business by creating the environment and opportunities for know-how providers,
entrepreneurs and financiers to meet each other and form business teams
- Nurturing businesses through their start-up phase by creating and running an efficient business incubator
offering not only space but also access to technology support, business mentoring, networks, scientific and
information resources, and a generally conducive and supportive environment.
- Promoting and running an active program for identification, creation, acceleration and translation (into
practice) of technology ideas suitable for new venture creation.
- Run an active program in building and sharing resources, networks, competencies and special expertise
in select areas at the interfaces of technology and innovation, business and entrepreneurship, and
government and policy.
- Venture Center (trademark) is registered as "Entrepreneurship Development Center" under the Companies
Act, 1956 as a Section 25 (not for profit) company.
- The company is governed by a Board of Directors
- The company is also advised by a Board of Advisors
- Profiles of selected management team members is available here
- Venture Center is conscious of the fact that the success of an organization is a reflection of the professionalism, conduct and ethical values of its management and employees. In addition to compliance with regulatory requirements, Venture Center endeavors to ensure that the highest standards of ethical and responsible conduct are met throughout the organization
- Accreditation: Venture Center has been accredited by Credibility Alliance (CA) under Desirable Norms - the highest level of accreditation offered by CA. This accreditation provides an independent, respected and credible recognition of the high standards of accountability, transparency and governance followed by Venture Center. The accreditation positions Venture Center as the only technology business incubator in India with CA accreditation.
- FAQs on Venture Center
- Disclosures about Venture Center to meet credibility and accountability norms