INCLUDE is Venture Center's program for supporting social enterprises in partnership with CSIR-NCL and the CSIR-800 program.
Social Enterprises: A Venture Center perspective
The Venture Center's defines Social Enterprises as those companies with the following features:
- Companies that aim to provide a solution to a significant problem or need of society and people at large especially under-served and under-privileged sections of the populations
- Companies with a financially sustainable business model and/or a for-profit orientation (all though the profit targets may be muted).
- Companies that benefit from good-will from investors (patient capital), funding agencies/ foundations/governments, employees, strategic partners, suppliers/customers etc due to the social goods & services that the company can deliver.
- Companies pursuing an agenda of inclusive innovation. Supporting technologies/ innovations/ enterprises aiming to deliver significant social impact. MLM (coined by Dr RA Mashelkar) stands for "More from Less for More" highlighting the need for technologies that deliver more value from less resource for more people.
- Companies and entrepreneurs who meet Venture Center's Social Enterprise definition (above)
- Venture Center emphasizes social enterprises that leverage science and technology.
- The Venture Center is currently unable to support social organizations which do not have a sustainable business model.
- At this time, the Venture Center is able to only support a limited number of companies under this program at any given time.
- The Venture Center reserves the rights to refuse any application without providing a reason.
- Eklavya Program including Associate Incubatee Program (Advisory, information, discounted services): Free
- All services of Venture Center are available to the INCLUDE program members with a 25% discount
- Invitation to networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs, technologists/ inventors, investors etc
Planned future offerings (subject to sufficient fund raising by Venture Center):
- Funding support programs
- Fellowship Program for Social Entrepreneurs
- Internship Facilitation Program
- Linkages to the CSIR-800 program
Terms, conditions and pricing:
- Membership to the INCLUDE program is provided on yearly basis.
- Membership fee: Rs 5000 per year
- Introductory Offer(From 1 April 2012- 1 April 2013): Rs 1000 per year. Extended to 1 October 2013
Process of applying:
- Kindly read the Terms and Conditions
- Fill up the Application Form
- Submit in person or by post or send scanned copy by email to:
100 NCL Innovation Park
Dr Homi Bhabha (Pashan) Road
Pune – 411008
- The Venture Center shall respond to your application within a week.
- The decision of Venture Center management shall be final regarding acceptance into the program.
Beneficiaries till date:
Current resident incubatees:
Graduated resident incubatees :