NCL Research Foundation
Technology Commercialization Internship Program
The National Chemical Laboratory Research Foundation (NCL-RF), in partnership with Entrepreneurship Development Center('Venture Center') is offering a unique opportunity for qualified individuals to build their understanding of early stage technology commercialization.
Through a 6-month mentored internship program, candidates get exposure to various aspects of technology commercialization; including technology due diligence, IPR issues, market research, commercialization options, formation & operation of a high-tech start-up; detailed financial analysis, business planning, fund raising, etc. Given that such combination of technology and business expertise is relatively rare across India, interns who graduate from this program will have gained highly employable skills that are crucial for a variety of high-growth, knowledge-intensive sectors in India.
Designation: NCLRF Technology Commercialization Intern
Call opens: 18 July 2018
Call closes: 31 July 2018
- Provide an opportunity to develop skills related to technology commercialization
- Provide hands-on experience in assessing & commercializing technologies developed at NCL
- Create & manage two events related to technology commercialization
- Create, strengthen and maintain resources and database that are important aspects of the innovation ecosystem.
- A candidate with B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech academic background. Should be a self-motivated, hands-on engineer with creative thinking ability
- Aptitude for technology business development and entrepreneurship
- Must be willing to relocate to Pune (if needed)
- Must commit to 6 months of full-time participation in the program. [Note: Venture Center working hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm, Monday - Saturday.]
- Working experience with polymer processing. Expertise in micropatterning/microfabrication/micromachining techniques. Experience in Prototype/product development.
For further information regarding the program, please contact:
100, NCL Innovation Park,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune - 411008
About NCL RF
The National Chemical Laboratory Research Foundation (NCL-RF), a non-profit organization was established in
August 1990 with a mission to promote excellence in science and technology and build an environment in which
everyone in NCL strives to improve their scientific, technical, and R&D support skills and reach higher goals
in research and development activity. It aims at bringing creative research, knowledgebase and innovative
technologies into clear focus what NCL considers important for the furtherance of the goals in science and
technology. The primary aim of the foundation is to motivate and recognize the high level of team and individual
efforts of scientists, engineers, technologists, research students and support staff at NCL for their
contributions in "Advancement of knowledge and in applying chemical science for good of the people" by way of
scientific research and innovations.
About Venture Center
Entrepreneurship Development Center ('Venture Center') is a Section 25 not-for-profit Company established under the Companies Act 1956.
Venture Center was especially formed to implement a joint technology business incubator project of
Department of Science & Technology - National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board
and National Chemical Laboratory (NCL
(constituent lab of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research). The main object of Venture Center is to nucleate, nurture, support, create, guide in establishing and accelerate
the creation of science and technology-based, knowledge-based research and technology development-intensive
commercial and social enterprises, aiming to deliver innovative products and services for the benefit of the
economy and society.